Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Slade!!

When Slade was born, we were so worried.
We had no idea what to expect, was our little boy going to be okay?
When the nurses finally handed him to me I knew then and there that it didn't matter.




They took him to the RNICU and his daddy and the rest of the family went with him.
It took over an hour but they finally took me to him.
I was terrified when I saw him.
There were cords and IV's and I could barely touch him.



So we sat with him and held his hand until we couldn't stay awake any longer.
It was around 4am when we returned to my room to sleep and we were back with Slade around 8.

This day we saw so many doctors.
Much like every day that we were in the hospital with Slade.
We got to spend so much time with Slade though and we got to hold him!





















My grandmother, brother Chris, his wife, Layne, and two of their children came to meet Slade.
We had so much fun introducing him to new family members.
Earlier that morning he had met three aunts two grandmothers and a grandfather.
Today he got to meet even more of his family!
All on his first day of life!
Slade had a bulletin board in his room so we decorated to make it feel "homey".
He had a onesie that everyone that came to see him signed.
It was full by the time we left.



Later this evening, Slade was able to have his first bottle given to him by his daddy!
Thankfully we had a very sweet nurse who was able to help us.
It took some time but he finally enjoyed his first bottle!
So glad that we got this experience on camera!
We have a video but I will have to figure out how to add that later!


After his bottle my dad and Shannon went to get our car since we rode with them to our appointment.
I stayed with Slade until 2am and had to return to my room for some rest.





















We may have been worried to death but our first day with our little man was the best day of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment