Sunday, April 27, 2014

8 Month Since Last Post!!

It has been 8 months since my last post

6 months since our last seizure!!! 
Happiest news I have ever been able to announce!! 

So much has happened since I wrote about my hate for developmental assessments! Nothing really has changed there, I still dislike them however Slade has developed a lot since his last seizure on October 24, 2013.

Since his last seizure he has learned to crawl, stand while holding onto furniture and walk while holding onto something for assistance. He has walked 4 steps to his papaw without any assistance but I think he is scared to do it again!! He will get it though I have no doubt! Love my little man!

We just walked the Step Forward for a Cure 5K in Mountain Brook, AL! We raised over $5,000 for the TS Alliance and I was so honored to have so many people come together and help us with fundraisers, make donations, and even walk with us this weekend! If I was ever in any doubt that my family, especially Slade was loved all of that was put to rest this weekend! 

Our next appointment is June 30-July 1 where he gets his EEG and his second MRI.  This MRI will show his fully developed brain and what type of tumors (or tubors) we are working with.  I am hoping that we will get great news that everything is small and there is no growth! We will see!! This time we have decided to stay an extra night and take Slade to the zoo.  He has never been and will hopefully be old enough to have a good time! 

I would love to use this blog to interact with others who have tuberous sclerosis, have children with tuberous sclerosis and to share our story with others who are newly diagnosed or others who are interested.  When Slade was diagnosed the first thing we were told was to not get online because we would see a lot of negative things.  Yes, there are a lot of negatives that go along with this diagnosis but there is a lot of love that goes along with that and I want to share our experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment